50.0402 Commercial and Advertising Art
This is an instructional program in the applied visual arts that prepares individuals to use artistic techniques to effectively communicate ideas and information to business and consumer audiences via illustrations and other forms of printed media. This program includes instruction in concept design, layout, paste-up and techniques such as engraving, etching, silkscreen, lithography, offset, drawing and cartooning, painting, collage and computer graphics.
Program of Study - SOAR
Economists have forecasted that the key to a successful and productive society is found in maintaining an educated workforce. Pennsylvania’s commitment to developing that workforce is evidenced in our dedication to career and technical education. Whether you want to become a computer technician, an aviation mechanic, or an entrepreneur, you’ve come to the right place. We provide training and education for individuals ages 14 and up, as well as for business and industry partners. There are opportunities within this site for you to help us reach our goal by becoming involved as a teacher, business partner, parent or an involved friend of Career and Technical Education in your local area.
Mission of SOAR
The mission of SOAR (Students Occupationally and Academically Ready) is to prepare students for college and careers in a diverse, high-performing workforce.
Goal of SOAR
SOAR is the career and technical Program of Study (POS) educational plan that articulates the secondary career and technical programs to a postsecondary degree or diploma or certificate programs. SOAR programs lead students into a career pathway that align the secondary courses to a postsecondary program to complete a degree or certificate.
What is SOAR?
SOAR is built on programs of study which incorporate secondary education and postsecondary education elements and include coherent and rigorous content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant career and technical content. These career and technical programs of study include a statewide articulation agreement partnership between secondary schools and postsecondary institutions.
SOAR Supports High Demand Careers
SOAR programs prepare today's student for High Priority Occupations (HPO) which include career categories that are in high demand by employers, have higher skill needs, and are most likely to provide family-sustaining wages.
Benefits of SOAR
• Saving Money on College Tuition
• Saving Time by Shortening College Attendance
• Getting on the Right Career Pathway
• Entering the Job Market Ready
• Getting a Consistent Education
Frameworks of SOAR - Secondary Components
• Validated Competency Lists (Click here for more information about approved Programs of Study.)
• Alignment to PA Academic Standards
• Articulation to Postsecondary Institutions (Click here for more information about Statewide Articulation.)
• PDE/BCTE Career and Technical Education Program Approval
• End of Program Assessment
• Industry Certification Alignment, if appropriate
• Articulation to Secondary Programs
• Validated Core Common Competency Lists
• Alignment to College Standards
• Approved Career and Technical Education Program(s)
• End of Program Assessment
• Industry Certification Alignment, if appropriate Professional Development
• POS Implementation and Articulation (PowerPoint)(PDF)
Learn More - Visit The PA Educational Website